Thursday, December 21, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Answers

The hostess is running a little "contest" where we get answers from our secret pal. I have a wonderful pal that not only spoils me with gifts but stays in touch on a regular basis so here are her answers to the questions. Another way to get to know someone well. Thanks pal I am fortunate to have you.
1) the oddest gift you have ever received (not asked for)
a bottle of hardwood floor cleaner from my mother for last mother's day (no, she didn't want to give me a hint, at least I don't think so because for that matter she would be pretty direct ;-) )

2) the oddest gift you ever asked for
a breast pump for my birthday right after my daughter was born. The one I wanted was rather expensive, so I asked my In-Laws.

3) the oddest gift you ever gave
that is still the joke in our family: I was rather young like 10 or 12 and money was short naturally and the sources where to shop in our town wasn't too good either. Anyway I gave the partner of my grandma some birdseed for Christmas (they had a bullfinch that he had found badly injured at his workplace. The bullfinch lived several years with them)

4) the worse gift you ever got
there are several but one was a plastic capelet (the ones you use for hairdoing so loose hair and dandruff won't get on your clothes) and shower cap from my MIL for one x-mas while we lived in the US. So fortunately I didn't have to look in her face when I thanked her ;-) Needless to say I don't use either of those things (and they didn't exist for too long in my household)

No comments: