Saturday, March 24, 2007

Getting ready

Why does it always take me so long to get ready to go any place? I am not leaving until Wednesday AM. True, I am working Monday and Tuesday but still how much should I have to do? I will have all the convenience of home except more things. If I need something there will be a store available. Now tell me....why did I have to clean out the refrigerator? My neighbor and kids will be sharing the care of Chewie. Both have seen my refrigerator when it is stocked with those little mystery green filled containers. Oh, and then there is the need to hem my pants. I hemmed pants for people at work last week. I have no problem just rolling up my jeans at home...but no, here I am snipping and pinning. It isn't that it is hard. It does take time and when you add in the refrigerator and ironing, well, you get the idea. So no knitting at the present. I am enjoying looking at the garden catalogues. I am even thinking about buying lottery tickets and telling the Chewie caretakers to scratch one a day. I did see that my secret pal got her first package. She seems to like it and I am having a wonderful time reading her blog. It is just packed full of things plus it sounds as though she has a really interesting job. Not to forget that in secret pal there are both the spoilers and spoilees. My spoiler has been a great communicator. I can hardly wait to read her blog. she has already helped me find a pattern and to top it all off she spins and thinks I just might be interested in some hand spun yarn. YES! I might might might be interested. How lucky can you get. Two great people. Now off to soak and get out the kinks. If I am lax in the new week or two I will be back.

No comments: