Friday, October 19, 2007

The wind The trash The Chew

I thought I had everything planned. I took off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week. I was going to strip wallpaper from the computer room, clean out the garage from the garden mess, dig out the garden and do a ton of miscellaneus things, finishing socks. sewing a gift, starting an afghan. That didn't include the regular like washing cleaning etc. I was even planning on fitting in a visit to a friend on Wednesday. I just knew I could do it all. Of course I woke up Tueday with a sore throat, a dripping nose and all the other signs of a really big head cold on the way. Add to that that we have had some tremendous winds and spitting rain and you know I haven't finshed any of the big projects. I have managed to cover up and fall asleep in my chair after drinking enough hot liquid to make me slosh. I did mush to the store to get a few more boxes of Kleenex. I was really feeling disgruntled when Chewie taught me a lesson. Thursday was garbage day. I think I already told you we have had some really gusty winds. It doesn't take much to figure out that the garbage was blown all over the neighborhood. Now add that I live in a college town. College garbage includes lots of beer cans and beer cartoons. If I was going to take a snooze I had to take Chewie for his walk so off we went. Chewie was not content to pass by a single piece of blowing trash. He had to stop and sniff everything. He seemed to prefer the Miller Lite. I was thinking my cold would soon turn into pneumonia when I realized something. My Chew hates the water and yet he was willing to put up with the discomfort to explore. (I don't think I need to mention he is a young dog). Anyway, the brain cells kicked in and I figured that if he was willing to put up with what he hates to explore the new then I could find something exciting about doing something other then what I had planned.... even if exciting came in the form of hot tea, a good book and a long nap. So now the Chew and I are taking a rest. The wallpaper will still be there as will the garage, the pond and the garden.

No comments: