Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sister Act




My youngest grand-daughter is 4 years old and lives in Wisconsin. Just like her grandmother she had a difficult time with family relationships. She insists that my oldest granddaughter, age 16, who lives in Texas is her sister. She thinks Meghan is perfect and so when I had some yarn left over from making Meghan a top I thought Jade would like one that was the same color as her "sister's." I am not crazy enough to make one that is quite as time consuming for a 4 year old who will be growing out of it at a lightening rate but I did find a cute pattern in the Family Circle's Easy Knits for Kids book that looked like a fast knit. So here is the start of Jade's top. If the weather keeps staying below normal I should have it finished before too long. I know I am not the only one have a problem with the winter in the mid-west this year but I am starting to act like a mummy that just sits, drinks tea and reads while dreaming of the coming spring. That , of course, does not mention that since I feel the need to bake in cold weather I also am busy stuffing my face and taking things to work so that I don't finish them off myself. That's the bad news. The good news is there are tulips up on the side of my house. Most are still covered in inches of snow but this brave bunch is where I shovel by the steps. Uncovered from the ice pack and snow mound the stems are at least 3 inches above the ground. Yeah! Spring must really be coming.

1 comment:

girlwithasword said...

Dianne, I think spring is coming so hang in there!!! :) :) :)