Sunday, April 15, 2007

Keeping busy



This weekend I had to put in a little time at work so didn't get as much done as I planned. Sera, my youngest son's Shar Pei came to play with his "cousin" Chewie so Logan decided that it would be a good time to stay at Grandma's house for the evening. In the morning he helped me wind some yarn. Actually he helped me wind lots of yarn. He did up 9 skeins for me. I think it is going to be a sweater for him with elephants but I am not certain so I told him I wasn't sure what I would make with it. I did manage to sneak in a few minutes to start some of the yarn my secret pal in Secret Pal 10 sent. She said the skeins were somewhat short and suggested I start from the toe up. I thought I could always finish the toe in white but then after looking I decided this would be the perfect color for anklets with blue jeans when fall again comes knocking on the door. The colors in the picture are not at all good. The yarn ranges from a soft pink through blue and lavender. I fooled around with the hue and satuaration but just made things worse. Maybe I can get a better picture when they are done. Anyway, I have started even though I swore I would get a shawl done for my neighbor first. You know what they say, the best laid plans of mice and men.

1 comment:

peaknits said...

plenty of time for that shawl:) I'd like to see you finish a pair of socks for YOURSELF:) Good luck on that!