Sunday, December 30, 2007

A contribution to Green


I wrote yesterday that I was making myself a book bag to take to the library. Thanks to a wonderful swap partner I had hand spun, hand dyed yarn in such a great color. I started out wanting to make myself a Doctor's satchel but didn't have enough yarn and I did want it all in one color. However, I did have enough that with a little combination of yarn I could make a book bag and here are the results. I am thinking of sending it through one more cycle to make it just a hair smaller. I have to keep it big enough to drag home all those large size craft and pattern books as well as my weekly reading material. Thanks again Maggie, I love the yarn and it felted up great!

2 comments:

peaknits said...

Very nice bag - fun and nice to "Go green" where you can!:)

girlwithasword said...

OMG Diane that is SOOOO cool! Oh, what a gift, for me to see what you made with the yarn I spun. Thank you SO much!!! :) I just spun some yarn to give to my mom for her birthday. I hope she will really enjoy it!!!