Thursday, December 27, 2007

One more pair




I just finished what I think is the last pair of felted mittens for this year. This pair is more classic and not as "femme" as the ones I posted a few days ago. I try to make the gift match the recipient. Now I am working on a large tote to handle dragging my books back and forth to the library on a weekly basis. I have some wonderful hand spun yarn that I received from a swap that reminds me of a creamsicle and that is going to be the basis with some other bits and pieces. I love to felt because you really don't know what you have until it comes out of the washer. It is kind of a mystery process. You start out with something that to me is large and usually kind of ugly looking. Soap, water and a little beating up and it comes out beautiful. Come to think of it, life is like that. Often the things that you fear or hate the most come to be the things that are the best thing that ever happened. They just need soap, water and a little beating up. Off to clean my years accumulation of junk hidden in my roll top desk. I have added a picture of the family members. Lady Jane is showing her "svelte" figure and Chewie is asking can I get her just once. (He has found that if he runs at her she takes off to get out of the way. Some times she just stops and sits down instead of running and hiding. In this case Chewie, who does not have the best brake system, ends up running right past her. What a crew. Hopefully the demon Jealousy will soon be gone and I won't have to be petting with both hands whenever one or the other comes for loving.

1 comment:

peaknits said...

Jeez Louise! That is a big ole cat! She looks quite comfortable - hence the name Lady Jane - compliments her royal airs! Nice mitts too!