Saturday, September 16, 2006

My scarf is finished!



For all my ruinating at the beginning, my scarf is done and I ended up really enjoying knitting for my scarf exchange pal. I put on the ISE blog that I got the impressions through her blog and I have to say I really liked what I saw and read. Liz, if you are reading this have a great day and enjoy the scarf. I may be wrong but this is what I tried to convey. The st stitch is traditional and yet always strong and lovely. The dimple stitch is a bit funky and has a mind of it's own. A garter stitch is simplicity and that earth mother touch. I bound it together with a rib that includes family and friends. It also makes it a bit less bulky around the neck. Stay warm when you wear it this winter. I watched the geese pull a curtain of grey over the sky last night. Those of us in the Midwest know that winter is not far in the future.

1 comment:

peaknits said...

I love your scarf - this literally seemed to fly off your needles. I now feel some real pressure to get my scarf moving! :)