Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yarn as a Dental Floss?

To day was Napolie Ollie's well vet check. Funny where you learn things about yarn. The vet is doing the standard looking at his teeth and wanted to know how I kept them so clean. The only thing I can figure out is he likes to chew on yarn. Wouldn't you know I would have a dog that doesn't touch a thing except yarn. He is a rescue Shar Pei and if you don't tell him it is OK to take a treat he won't touch it but he has this thing about yarn. He will sit very still get a twinkle in his eye, grab the yarn and take off running. I finally gave him an old crocheted throw all for himself and he has a nightly chew session. I kind of worried but he seemed so happy. The vet tells me that the yarn is like dental floss. The problem they have is most dogs won't touch the stuff. No, he doesn't eat it. He just chews it like gum. If you are ever in the market for a dog and have older children I would certainly recommend this breed. I found Napoleon at Shar Pei Savers on the internet and can't say enough about how great they are to work with. Oh, I just read the part about older children. I don't want to make Shar Pei sound like child haters. They are just very strong dogs with dominant personalities. Napoleon relaxes while my 3 year old granddaughter covers him with a blanket to play house but he is exceptionally laid back.
Off to see if I have my pal for the International Scarf Exchange. This is the first time I have done anything like this and I am really excited about getting started. I've put in a link to Shar Pei savers if anyone wants to take a look.

No comments: