Monday, September 25, 2006

Saving My Sanity a Stitch at a Time

I just want to thank all the knitters out there with one in particular in mind. I have a job that is considered stressful. Most of the time you let things roll off your shoulders like rain. However, there are days when the rain becomes a torrent and you feel overwhelmed. I had several of these days in a row. I was starting to believe I was going down for the third time when a fellow employee who is also a fiber addict gave me a wonderful gift. Look at the great stitch markers she made this weekend and then she gave me some. Just what I needed. When I was wondering where to go from here I caressed my package of stitch markers to remind myself that I would be going home at the end of the day. Then when I got home what was in the mail but a new pattern book and a pattern that I ordered. These items both got here in record time. Some how I find it comforting that there are people out there that are happy just counting their stitches and maybe doing a little kneading of homemade bread on the side. I don't know how people who don't have creative hobbies make it when times get tough. Take a close look at those stitch markers. They are great! With a special thanks to Stacie,,,,I will be back tomorrow, I might not want to be, but I will be back.

No comments: