Saturday, September 09, 2006

PANIC SETS IN !

I admit it. I almost lost it last night. I came back from the Sheep and Wool Fest with another idea for my exchange pal's scarf. I wound the ball, cuddled up in my chair and started to knit. Two hours later I hated it. I mean the yarn was great but it wasn't what I had in mind at all. I tried some other yarn and a different pattern. Nothing worked. I am never going to get this scarf done. There is no way. Dragging myself to bed a couple hours later then usual I tossed and turned. (At least as much as I can toss with the dog taking up the majority of the bed) I should never had signed up. I can never knit a scarf that will work. Whatever am I going to do? Finally with sleep evading me I reminded myself that I could knit a scarf when I was 10 years old and that was 50 years ago so if I have to make a garter stitch scarf to get over the block so be it. I would like to say that the self talk took care of things but minutes later I was back in my chair trying another pattern. I still haven't found what I want but there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. I will just have to go back to the fest and buy some more yarn. I will find something that is right. I know I can. I know I can. I know I can.

No comments: